This is a no-nonsense, highly compressed list of X Theme Alternatives (updated for October 2021).
In this article, I will:
- List out 5 free & paid WordPress templates that you can replace with X Theme
- Show you how each of them compares to X Theme
- My personal experience with each one
- Lots more
So, if X Theme isn’t a good fit for you, check out the list below for your best options.
The 5 Best X Theme Alternatives in 2021
Below is the shortlist of my personally reviewed X Theme alternatives.
Let’s dive into in-depth details of each WordPress theme, starting with our #1 pick.
My first best alternative to X Theme is GeneratePress.
I recommend GeneratePress (review) for two good reasons:
First, GeneratePress is a freemium theme.
It means, you can either go the free version or subscribe for the paid plan (recommended) just at $59/year for up to 500 websites.
Second, GeneratePress Premium gives you unlimited showcase sites demo with one click importable feature.
I use the paid plan since January 2019, and I know very how good this theme is.
The best thing about GeneratePress is, its a multipurpose WordPress template, which you use for any niche website.
For example, take a look at GPressTheme homepage. It is designed with GeneratePress paid theme (GP Premium).
For more details about the setup guide, you have to take a look at my resources page.
Below are some features of choosing GeneratePress as X Theme alternatives in 2021.
- Lightweight & fast loading
- Importable site demos
- Inbuilt elements, hooks & layouts system
- One license allows up to 500 websites usage
- Lifetime license option available
- Compatible with all page builders e.g. Thrive Architect
- One-click import/export option
GeneratePress costs $59/year, and $249/life. This includes 30 days refund policy.
How Does GeneratePress Compare To X Theme?
GeneratePress and X Theme can’t be compared because it has a vast list of customers.
Don’t believe me?
See GeneratePress WordPress theme page (live source) screenshot below.
Now, see X Theme downloads (live source).
Another important factor to consider: PRICE.
- GeneratePress Premium costs $59/year for 500 websites
- X Theme costs $29/lifetime for a single site.
If you really have a tight budget, X Theme is a good option. Otherwise, I’d strongly recommend choosing GeneratePress paid plan.
2. Extra Theme
The Extra Theme is a fantastic foundation by Elegant Themes.
Elegant Themes are one of the best WordPress themes & plugins library in the market.
So, how couId keep it separate from X Theme alternatives list?
Instead of many Extra Theme integrated features, pre-built templates, Elegant Themes is a set of actually 3 completely different plugins.
- Divi Builder: All-in-one landing page builder.
- Monarch: Well developed social media buttons plugin.
- Bloom: A special plugin for collecting emails.
You can get started with Divi Builder free of cost. But if you want to get access to Extra Theme, probably you need Elegant Themes subscription.
The Elegant Themes subscription starts from $89 for new customers.
But GPressTheme readers (YOU) are eligible with a special 20% discount on all plans.
I already wrote an article on Elegant Themes coupon here. So if you want a super-detailed guide on using getting a 20% discount, check out that article.
With any subscription purchase, you will get access to the following benefits:
- Instant access to Divi, Extra, Bloom & Monarch (alternatives)
- Hundreds of website template packs
- Ultimate premium support
- Unlimited website usage
- 3o days risk-free guarantee
How Does Extra Theme Compare To X Theme?
In my opinion, X Theme doesn’t begin to compare to Extra Theme. They’re not even close.
For example, with Extra Theme, you can use it on unlimited WordPress websites, or blogs.
Similarly, X Theme Regular License allows one site usage. And if you go with Extended License, it will cost $2900 for unlimited use.
That’s huge, and I think the highest price of a single WordPress theme in the market.
This is too expensive compared to Elegant Themes lifetime subscription (
Based on features and functionalities, both themes can build any niche WordPress site.
The conclusion is: Extra Theme is a cheaper option that it barely qualifies as an X Theme alternative.
If you are looking for a similar X Theme alternative with extra features, REHub is your next stop.
REHub is a modern multipurpose hybrid theme. It covers many modern Business models for profitable website layouts like:
- Extended eCommerce layouts
- Extended digital product layouts
- Price/vendor comparisons
- Directory catalogue layouts
- And lots more
The plus point: REHub is the first theme recommended by Amazon.
Each REHub subscription comes with plugins value more than 300$ are free for you. These plugins are:
- WP Bakery Page Builder
- Revolution slider with 6 unique layouts
- Advanced Product Filter plugin
- RH Frontend PRO (frontend submit)
- RH Buddypress member Types (for advanced Buddypress Member types)
- RH Frontend PRO (frontend submit)
- RH Woo Tools (set of unique Tools for Woocommerce)
- RH Brand logo (automatically assign brand logo for Post images)
- RH Gif (use animated images for Featured image)
- Layered Popup plugin
- Import WP PRO – all in one tool for bulk importing
In short, if you want to create a comparison site like PriceGrabber or maybe deal/coupon site like Groupon, REHub is the best theme in 2021 – 2022.
How Does REHub Compare To X Theme?
There is no comparison between X Theme and REHub (competitors), based on features.
Because, REHub is super-solid WordPress template, which has everything inside, you need to build a comparison or coupon deal website.
Moreover, its Amazon recommended theme.
So, if you want to build Amazon affiliate website or blog, replacing X Theme with REHub is undoubtedly a smart idea.
The Publisher is theme next name in our X Theme alternatives list.
The Publisher is a complete design system for WordPress magazine, newspaper, and affiliate marketers websites.
I had previously used this theme on one of my affiliate website harpreetkumar.com (no using GeneratePress).
Below is my purchase receipt (I had bought this theme when it was listed on ThemeForest) from BetterStudio.
BetterStudio Publisher template comes with:
- 98 pre-made layouts
- 1 click demo installer
- 20 premium plugins (free)Facebook instant articles
- Built-in auto AMP pages validator
- Unlimited lifetime updates
- And so many other features
The other good reasons to choose Publisher as X Theme alternative are:
- 100% ready AMP contents
- Optimized by Google Certified Experts
- Builtin JSON-LD Support (Valid & Update)
- Prioritized usage of articles and H tags
- Smart responsiveness with Google Adsense
- Smart thumbnail cropping
- Compatible with Yoast SEO, Rank Math and all SEO plugins
- Direct connection to Google Drive and DropBox
In short, Publisher owns everything that you need to create a site with no coding knowledge.
How Does Publisher Compare To X Theme?
X Theme and Publisher are both the same products in terms of:
The only difference is COST:
That said, the price of X theme is near to half of the Publisher theme.
- X Theme costs $29/site/lifetime
- Publisher starts from $49/site/lifetime
So if you’re someone who pretty much ONLY cares about cost, you should probably be okay with X Theme.
But if you want to try something new with similar but batter features, Publisher is probably your best bet.
Our last X Theme alternative is Astra.
Astra theme or WPastra is a freemium WordPress template like GeneratePress.
Though it’s a powerful GeneratePress alternative, so, possibly, this is also an alternative to X Theme.
In 2021, Astra is powering 1,200,000+ WordPress websites and blogs.
With approx 5k+ five star reviews, 1+ million active installations, Astra can help you to launch your dream site in minutes.
The entire theme size is less than 50 KB when installed. Moreover, you can use the child theme with it.
It has the largest library of pre-built website layouts and site demos. Some of them are 100% free and others needed Elementor, or Beaver Builder plugin.
WPastra plans and prices are divided into 3 sections:
- Astra Pro
- Mini Agency Bundle
- Agency Bundle
You can either purchase a plan with the yearly account or with lifetime access.
I recommend the Agency Bundle Lifetime License, in which you can get access to all features, themes, and plugins made by Brainstorm Force community e.g.:
- Unlimited websites usage
- WP Portfolio Plugin (worth $199)
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder (worth $249)
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor (worth $249)
- Convert Pro Plugin (worth $399)
- Schema Pro Plugin (worth $249)
- SkillJet Academy (worth $99)
- All upcoming plugins
- Lifetime updates and support
How Does Astra Compare To X Theme?
Similar to GeneratePress, X Theme can’t compete with Astra (competitors) in search volume.
See Google Keyword Planner report:
In my opinion, the main reason to choose WPastra as X Theme alternative is its speed and performance.
Yes, Astra is a super speedy and highly optimized theme for WordPress websites.
Moreover, it works absolutely fine with world best page builders, WordPress plugins, and marketing tools:
- Beaver Builder
- Thrive Architect
- Rank Math
Moreover, Brainstorm Force community is continuously improving services each day.
If speed is REALLY a serious matter to you, theme Astra is an excellent alternative to X WordPress theme.
Over To You
So that’s my list of X Theme alternatives.
I hope this has helped you to find your best replacement for an X WordPress template.
If not yet, or you want me to pick one for you: I recommend GeneratePress Premium theme, because:
- I have personally used it for years.
- It has unlimited sites lifetime license option, which X Theme doesn’t offer.
- Lightweight & fast loading compared to other WordPress templates.
With this section, I summer up this tutorial.
In the last, I would like to know if this article was:
- Something between?
Or, did I miss any other good X theme alternative?
Either way, let me know your thoughts and reviews by leaving a comment below right now.