The Ultimate GeneratePress Review 2021
Product Name – GeneratePress
Product Type – WordPress Theme
Trial – The Core Theme is Free
Cost – $59.95 Only
Discount – 40% Renewal Discount (Disabled)
Usage – Up To 500 Websites
Support – 1 Year
Refund Policy – 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Rating – 5 out of 5
Summary – GeneratePress is one of my favourite WordPress themes ever found in my lifetime blogging career. After using this I found this is all in one solution to design your WordPress site in any niche. Moreover loads of hook elements, showcase library and filters doing a great job for the non-coders too.
Nowadays a user waits for a maximum 2 to 3 seconds to load a web page. If your website takes more than a fraction of time, you lost a visitor.
Moreover, an elegant blog design earns the reader’s attention and also increase user engagement. Most of the successful WordPress blogs in the industry, don’t compromise with their website look.
If you’re also searching for ways to create an incredible blog design, your query ends here. Because, in this article, I’m going to talk about a free + premium multipurpose theme (GeneratePress) that helps you create beautiful WordPress websites on any niche.
Let’s talk about GeneratePress review 2021.
My Story With GeneratePress
From the beginning of my blogging stage, I have tried various similar themes such as Genesis, WP Astra, OceanWP, Divi from Elegant Themes etc.
No doubt, these all well performed but there was a lot of customization that I was wanted to do, but couldn’t.
Earlier, I shifted to GeneratePress WordPress theme. After using its free version, I notice instant improvements in blog loading speed and design. Here’s what a 100% fresh install from WordPress.org looks like:
After using for a few months, I found that GeneratePress is not only a light-weighted theme but also a cheapest, SEO friendly, unlimited sites usable product with great customer support and documentation features.
This is the special reason why I am writing this honest GeneratePress review to show you how was my experience.
Let’s dive in…!
GeneratePress Review 2021 – A Quick Introduction
GeneratePress is Gutenberg ready multipurpose WordPress theme created by Tom Usborne (a developer from Canada with 15+ years of experience developing websites and 8+ years of experience with WordPress).
The entire theme size is only 30kb when installed. While the average premium WordPress themes are over 1mb or 1000kb. This is one of the most highly-rated multipurpose WordPress themes available on WordPress.org.
GeneratePress has currently 2,00,000+ downloads, 1,00,000+ active installs, over 800+ 5-star ratings with 50,000+ happy customers. This makes sense that Tom (founder of the theme) really did something interesting. Right?
Let’s explore the comparison between free & premium version.
GeneratePress Free vs Premium – Ultimate Comparison September 2021
As we discussed already, GeneratePress is a freemium theme. Even the free version has excellent features & you can basically build anything on it. Whether it’s a WooCommerce store, a fancy looking blog or a 3-page company website.
For WordPress beginners, this theme is a pretty cool choice. No weird settings are hidden somewhere you wouldn’t expect them.
The free version is enough for you if you are not looking for extra customizations and are knowledgeable enough to tweak some CSS code.
When it comes to GeneratePress Pro (GP Premium) then you are capable to edit any little part of the without touching theme files coding.
To make this comparison easy, take a look at the below table:
In fact, I have written a separate in-depth article on GeneratePress free vs premium comparison.
Here is why I recommend this WordPress theme – GeneratePress theme review
Here are some of the specific reasons to choose GeneratePress.
One thing, I noticed when GeneratePress installed, you no need to worry about site loading speed. In fact, Tom worked very hard to make theme speed as fast as it can be.
With HTTP/2, the number of files isn’t important as much size is. Take a close look at some of the core GeneratePress files below:
- /generatepress/css/unsemantic-grid.min.css 2.9 KB
- /generatepress/style.css 7.1 KB
- /generatepress/css/mobile.min.css 1.6 KB
- /generatepress/js/navigation.min.js 1.1 KB
- /generatepress/js/dropdown.min.js 1.5 KB
As we discussed earlier, GeneratePress is a multipurpose WordPress theme. That means you can use it on any niche website.
This time GeneratePress premium comes with a list of 45 awesome demo sites, build with:
- GeneratePress – 28 sites
- Elementor – 12 sites
- Beaver Builder – 5 sites
Take a close look at below great-looking examples of GeneratePress WordPress theme + page builders.
Though GeneratePress is a simple WordPress theme but really powerful, allowing you to customize the look and functionality of your site exactly how you want it.
- Site Library – 1 click importable awesome 45 demo sites list built with default GeneratePress, Beaver Builder and Elementor page builder.
- Colors – Arrange colour schemes on any element of the blog from the live customizer.
- Typography – 100+ font-family, font sizes (including Google Fonts), font weights and more to choose.
- Page Headers – Create unlimited page headers (transparent), add a basic image with stunning parallax effects.
- Blog – Display your blog posts in columns (magazine) or masonry style. Also, control image size, align and spacing.
- Backgrounds – Add colours or images to various areas of the website.
- Spacing – Control each and every blog element spacing site header, content, widgets, menu items, and sidebars.
- Elements – 3 styles dynamic page heroes, advanced hook system and custom theme layouts.
- Hooks – A new way to add widgets, blocks into the theme. You can also insert PHP, Jave Script, HTML CSS codes e.g. Google Analytics or Breadcrumbs using hooks.
- 13 Modules – Functionality to enable/disable any section or widget of the theme in a single click.
- Secondary Nav – Add a second navigation element with all the same options as the primary navigation.
- WooCommerce – Full control on your WooCommerce store with new typography, custom colour & layout options.
- Menu Plus – Add and play with Sticky navigation, off-canvas navigation, menu logo, mobile header and more.
- Copyright – Remove powered by GeneratePress and add your own custom copyright text at the bottom of your website.
- Import Export – Easily export and import your theme settings from one to another GeneratePress websites.
Hopefully, you there over hundreds of documentation resources out there to customize the theme, the way you want.
When you subscribe to their premium plugin, you get 1 year of unlimited world-class support and plugin updates.
For further quarries and suggestions related to their service, you can send a direct message to them via the contact page.
Review of GeneratePress Pricing and Renewal Cost
GeneratePress premium costs $49.95 for the first year. That means, under this license period you will get unlimited support and GP Premium Plugin updates for 1 year.
After 1 year, it depends on you to continue the support and updates or not. If you wish to renew the license key, it will cost you 60% of the current price. I mean a 40% discount on every year’s renewal.
How to download, install and activate GeneratePress premium?
Downloading, installing and activating GeneratePress Pro (GP Premium Plugin) require 5 steps to follow.
Step 1 – Login to your GeneratePress Account.
Step 2 – Click on Download button under GP Premium box. Also, don’t forget to copy the License Key.
Step 3 – Now login to your WordPress admin area and click on Plugins >> Add New >> Upload Plugin.
Step 4 – Upload the GP Premium Plugin, downloaded earlier and Activate it.
Step 5 – Once the plugin is activated, visit Appearance >> GeneratePress >> Updates and paste the License Key, copied earlier.
FAQs – GeneratePress Review FAQ
1. What’s the difference between GeneratePress premium and GP Premium?
There’s is no difference between both of these products.
2. What’s the websites usage limit for GP Premium plugin?
You are allowed to install and activate GP Premium on unlimited WordPress websites.
3. What is GP Premium license key?
The license key is an activation key for GP Premium. After plugin activation, you can access all features like automatic updates, modules, elements etc.
4. What is the cost for lifetime updates?
Sorry, there is no GeneratePress lifetime payment plan available. You can buy for 1 year only. Next year you can renew it again to receive updates and priority support.
5. What if I don’t renew my license?
No problem, you can still use the GP Premium for a lifetime but plugin updates and tech support will not be provided.
Final Words on GeneratePress Review 2021
In this tutorial, I’ve tried to cover everything about GeneratePress WordPress theme review.
But still, if you need any further help then please don’t hesitate to ask me via comments below.
Is this article helpful for you? Kindly spend your 10 seconds to share this review on Facebook, Twitter and other social media with your friends.